Make Cucumber Elderflower cocktails by infusing your own vodka. This light and refreshing cocktail is perfect for summer.
It’s Friday! Thank goodness! I don’t know about your week, but mine just seemed to drag on and on. Come 5pm, I’ll be sipping one of these for sure!
When Ben and I visited Charleston a few weeks back, I fell in love with cucumber infused vodka combined with elderflower liqueur, otherwise known as St. Germain. Now, I’ve been a big fan of St. Germain for some time but usually I combine it with club soda and champagne for a spritzer type drink. Since I’m not a huge fan of vodka in general, I was originally hesitant to try this special drink at a bar called Prohibition. The fact that it had St. Germain really pushed me over the edge and into love I fell.
This drink is perfect for summer because it tastes extra light and refreshing which is perfect when it’s hot and humid outside.
I’d never infused my own vodka before, but since we had plenty of mid-range quality vodka on hand, I decided to give it a go instead of adding yet another flavored alcohol to our collection. And, good news…it was easy. Turns out all that you need to do is peel and chop the cucumber and add it to the vodka for 5-7 days. Strain after the 5 days and voila! You’ve got cucumber vodka. I’m sure you could use this method with anything you’re looking to infuse. In fact, Ben is an old pro at infusing tequilas.
To make these cocktails, you’ll need to have the infused vodka complete. Once that’s the case, combine 2 parts cucumber vodka with 1 part St. Germain and 1/2 a part of simple syrup or agave. Add the juice of a lime. Shake. Pour over ice and top with club soda (approximately 3-4 ounces) for some fizz!
- For the infused vodka
- 3 cups mid-grade quality Vodka
- 1 english cucumber, peeled and diced
- Peel the English cucumber. Slice horizontally then across.
- Add the cucumber to a mason jar.
- Pour vodka over the cucumbers.
- Infuse for 5 days in a refrigerator turning daily.
- Once the infusion is complete, strain.
- Use in cocktails.
Make cucumber and elderflower cocktails by infusing your own vodka. This light and refreshing cocktail is perfect for summer.
- For one cocktail
- 2 oz cucumber infused vodka
- 1 oz St. Germain liqueur
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup or agave
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 oz club soda
- To make these cocktails, you'll need to have the infused vodka complete. Once that's the case, combine 2 parts cucumber vodka with 1 part St. Germain and 1/2 a part of simple syrup or agave. Add the juice of a lime. Shake. Pour over ice and top with club soda (approximately 3-4 ounces) for some fizz!